Looking for child care resources in Nash and Edgecombe counties?
DEPC Child Care Resource and Referral is one of the region’s leading organizations for supporting the quality enhancement, professional development, and higher education of the region’s early care & education and school-age child care programs and professionals. Our services include:
- Professional Development
- Quality Improvement and Technical Assistance
- Lending Library and Teacher Resource Room
DEPC acts as the lead agency for CCR&R services in North Carolina’s Region 14. This region includes Edgecombe, Nash, Halifax, Warren and Wilson counties.
As lead agency for the five-county region, DEPC provides leadership and support for the CCR&R agencies and coordinates quality improvement initiatives for child care programs.
For information contact Marti Brown, CCR&R Core Services Program Manager, at (252) 985-4300 ext. 244.
- Offers support to new child care businesses (Edgecombe, Nash)
- Provides technical assistance to existing child care programs (Edgecombe, Nash)
- Sponsors training and workshops on child care issues (Edgecombe, Nash)
Quality Improvement and Technical Assistance
Quality Improvement Initiatives is a component of the Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) of the Down East Partnership for Children (DEPC). This project provides hands-on, comprehensive technical assistance to child care programs in Edgecombe and Nash counties to help them develop and implement individualized quality improvement plans. The quality improvement project is available to legally operating child care programs that serve children 0-5 years old.
The Child Care Resource & Referral Staff is available to provide technical assistance to child care providers in the following areas:
- Room Arrangement
- Lesson Planning
- Licensing Issues: General and NC Star related license
- NAEYC Accreditation (Centers)
- NAFCC Accreditation (Family Child Care Homes)
- Parent Involvement
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Developmentally Appropriate Environments
- Budgeting and Financing Early Childhood Education-Resources
For information contact Joyce West, Quality Improvement/Healthy Kids Specialist, at (252) 985-4300 ext. 214.