PRIMARY PURPOSE:This position is responsible for managing the facilities, assisting with the management of the outdoor learning environment and coordinating Family Resource Center operations for the Partnership, including the management of the Discovery Park. These services are carried out in conjunction with the Operations and Executive Director, other staff, subcontractors, students and volunteers.
POSITION: Family Resource Center Manager
REPORTS TO: Operations Director
HOURS PER WEEK: Full Time
- To manage multiple task and set priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Very detailed oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- To work independently and as part a team such as program and organizational teams
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Managerial/supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills with 2 years experience in a windows based environment running Microsoft Office Professional preferred
- Possess 2-4 years experience in administrative systems development and management
- Valid Driver’s License
DEPC Facilities Management:
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the facilities, which includes building and grounds maintenance and repairs.
- Supervise Family Resource Specialist
- Coordinates coverage & staff meeting rotation for front desk
- Reviews room reservations
- Assist with preparation of the annual list of agency meeting dates
Family Resource Center Manager
- Assist with event planning including DEPC staff retreats
- Responsible for development and oversight of facilities related contracts
- Performs facilities audits with Family Resource Specialist to identify any areas of concern and develop a plan to resolve
- Assists with the management of an Emergency Preparedness Team and the development of an agency plan
- Manages staff clean-up projects
- Management of the Family Resource Center Committee which includes planning for the Family Resource Center and community engagement in the FRC, including a semi-annual neighborhood event at the Discovery Park.
- Responsible for preparing for new staff to include adding to, phone listing, phone tree and office door signs
- Responsible for phone system maintenance
- Coordinate the training for office equipment
- Coordinates maintenance of existing office equipment, including troubleshooting
- Maintenance of supply rooms
- Manages information technology services used by DEPC
- Utilizes the Fixed Asset database to track equipment and assist with technology planning
- Staff technology team to develop a Technology Plan, evaluate new software; upgrade of existing versions and increase staff capacity to utilize technology with the assistance of a Managed IT Service Provider.
- Coordinates activities for the Board and Executive Committee meetings to include sending reminder notifications, securing quorums, and other actions as directed by Operations or Executive Director.
- Responsible for typing agendas, taking and typing the minutes of the Board and Executive Committee.
- Responsible for maintaining board information such as conflict of interest forms, listing of contact information, terms, positions and committees.
- Assists with annual inventory of the DEPC’s fixed assets
- Assist the with the disposal of fixed assets and other facilities related equipment
- Serves as a liaison with the Down East Association and work with Park Watch volunteers
- Manage the volunteer management system and reporting
- Attend Operation team meetings, DEPC staff meetings and retreats which may include an out of town retreat.
- Any other activities as requested by the Operations and Executive Director.
- AA, BA or BS Degree and/or equivalent combined related experience
- While performing this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear
- Periodically required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and the ability to adjust focus to operate the computer
- The position also requires the ability to periodically work under time pressure
The position requires the ability to communicate verbally with people
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Crocker, PO Box 1245, Rocky Mount, NC 27802 or email to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Down East Partnership for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.