The Down East Partnership for Children is now recruiting applicants for the following position:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Sydney Land, DEPC, PO Box 1245, Rocky Mount, NC 27802 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Down East Partnership for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Evaluation Specialist
REPORTS TO: Program Development Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non- Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 Hours
Coordinate the gathering and management of all data and research for the Down East Partnership for Children to support the evaluation process.
- To work independently
- To be a part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- To manage multiple processes simultaneously
- People skills
- Facilitation skills
- Data management skills
- Statistical analysis skills
- Strong math skills
- Strategic planning knowledge
- Excellent writing skills
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3-5 years of actual experience in program evaluation and/or research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Grant writing experience preferred
Program Evaluation/Program Support
- Complete quarterly reporting process:
- Coordinate data collection from funded programs (internal and external)
- Provide technical assistance to programs utilizing other reporting processes as required by funder
- Organize data and submit to NC Partnership for Children, and other funders as needed
- Analyze data and compile for Quarterly Review
- Submit original quarterly reports to Operations Specialist to file in program files
- Maintain file of copies of reports
- Quarterly Review:
- Facilitate the Quarterly Review Meetings and program action plans as appropriate; Develop necessary documents for meeting participants
- Provide the Executive Director a review of quarterly program performance and spotlight areas of concern and notable successes.,
- Review indicators to determine need for specific measurement instruments; research availability of appropriate instruments; develop new instruments as needed; and utilize as appropriate.
- Provide support to the Program Development Manager to manage the process for review/edit/amendment of logic models for DEPC program files as required by funding sources.
- Annually, participate in contract monitoring site visits to each externally funded program to ensure focus on long-term progress and the achievement of our Strategic Framework goals and targets.
- As needed, research best practices for program improvement
- Assist programs with survey development, data collection and analysis, and presentation of survey results as necessary
Reporting & Communication of Evaluation Information
- Review, report and evaluate yearly program evaluation data including funded program output counts, outcome results and progress toward achieving Strategic Framework targets and other evaluation standards.
- Disseminate evaluation and strategic planning information and data to the DEPC staff, Board, committees, community partners, major funding sources and the general public as appropriate.
- Collect any other program reports as requested by either the North Carolina Partnership for Children, SNAP-Ed, or other funders.
- Communicate all program changes to the Program Development Manager and the R&D Director
- Track the long-term impact of DEPC services.
- Management of GemsLite database
- Develop processes to transition usage of the Family First database to GemsLite
- Provide technical assistance/training for GemsLite users
- Maintain updated information in databases (GemsLite)
Program Development/Grants Management
- Work with funded programs and community partners to utilize data to drive programmatic and community-based planning processes.
- With appropriate grants management team members, assist with program reporting for funding sources including
- Data collection from subcontracted programs
- Report writing and editing
Strategic Framework/Model of Services Evaluation
With Research & Development Director, and Program Development Manager support evaluation of the DEPC Strategic Framework and the model of services including:
- As needed, manage needs assessment process including summarizing and reporting the results.
- Work with funded programs to incorporate use of specific measurements database and/or other evaluation methods, as needed.
- Assist in all Grant Evaluation Projects, which may include coordinating data collection of child assessments, family, and teacher surveys.
- Monitor local statistics relating to quality of life for children and families.
- Provide support to the Program Development Manager for planning and facilitating the Evaluation Committee as the oversight committee for the evaluation process.
- Collaborate with the Program Development Manager to ensure ongoing information sharing.
- Attend Early Childhood Community Partners, DEPC staff, Research & Development team, DEPC Executive Committee, and Board meetings as necessary to report on evaluation activities and build data use skills.
- Attend local, regional, and state evaluation meetings or conferences.
- Responsible and accountable to the R&D Director for day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for other duties as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director and Research & Development Director.
- A BA or BS degree in a field with a strong math and/or statistical background. Masters preferred.
- While performing this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear
- Periodically required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and the ability to adjust focus to operate the computer
The position also requires the ability to periodically work under time pressure