PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provides support to the Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) and Operations teams. This includes intake, training and meeting support, maintaining records, and data entry.
POSITION: Program Specialist
REPORTS TO: Program Director
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 Hours
- Excellent computer skills
- Very detailed oriented
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently but be part of multiple teams
- Strong customer service skills, including phone etiquette
- Ability to relate well to a wide diversity of families and children
- 2-4 years experience as administrative assistant
- Very good computer skills including Microsoft Office and data entry
- 2-4 years computer experience
- Valid Drivers License
A. Provide support to teams with:
- Scheduling, reserving sites, completing purchase order requisitions, ordering food, picking up supplies and set-up/clean up of meetings.
- Compiling reports as requested.
- Provides production support for letters, memos, reports, brochures and fliers
- Copy and collate written materials
- Provides intake for scholarship program and receipts vouchers for the scholarship program
- Designs the Professional Development training calendar and facilitates the distribution process to child care programs
- Records minutes for CCR&R Advisory Committee, and other meetings as requested.
- Maintains calendar of trainings and workgroup meetings
- Coordinates the process for the annual CCR&R Core Services Evaluation to be mailed to providers, collects surveys, and compiles data into a final report.
- Coordinates office management systems and organization for daily operations of CCR&R
- Provides support for Subsidy program with parent mailings, copying materials, and data entry, as needed.
- Provides support for annual scholarship renewals.
- Provides support in the Lending Library and Teacher Resource Room, as needed.
B. Database Maintenance and Entry
- Provides input and maintenance of program databases, including Family First
- Provides support to maintaining the community resources section in the Family First Database
- Completes the provider update process for NACCRRAware database
- Inputs Consumer Education data into NACCRRAware monthly
- Provides support to the Parent Referral Follow-Up Survey process, quarterly
- Mails/emails Family First follow-up surveys quarterly and enters returned data into spreadsheet/data analysis system.
Family Resource Center Support
- Responsible for greeting clients, answering phones, receipts payments, etc. in conjunction with Family Resource Center Specialist.
- Processes the mail including receipting monies received in the mail
- Processes checks from check run including FSR and PSA checks (twice a month)
- Attends monthly CCR&R staff meetings, Operations staff meetings, DEPC staff meetings and retreats (which may include an annual out of town retreat)
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CCRR Program Managers, Program Director, Operations Director, and/or Executive Director
- AA degree or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- While performing this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms
- Periodically required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and the ability to adjust focus to operate the computer
- The position also requires the ability to periodically work under time pressure
- The position requires the ability to communicate verbally with people
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Wendy Price, PO Box 1245, Rocky Mount, NC 27802 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Down East Partnership for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.