The Down East Partnership for Children is currently hiring for the following position:
POSITION: Regional Behavior Specialist
REPORTS TO: Provider Services Program Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 Hours
Coordinates CCR&R Region 14 activities to promote social/emotional competency in young children in child care settings within the five county (Edgecombe, Halifax, Nash, Warren and Wilson) service area. This position will provide resources, training and technical assistance to child care providers so they can identify, prevent, and address challenging behaviors in young children in child care settings, ultimately resulting in more positive relationships and the expulsion of fewer children in child care programs. The Regional Behavior Specialist is a Down East Partnership for Children (DEPC) employee and will work collaboratively with the state team of Behavior Specialists and the Project Manager.
- Process management, problem solving and strategic planning skills
- Presentation and group facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and organize multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Initiative to plan and execute tasks and programs with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong understanding of adult learning styles and appropriate educational practices.
- Strong understanding of child development and the early childhood educational system.
- Strong understanding of developmentally appropriate practices
- Ability to present a professional positive attitude and composure in day to day stressful and in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to establish rapport and effectively communicate with individuals of varying ages, educational levels, ethnic backgrounds and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal early childhood issues, resources and legislative processes.
- Knowledge of NC Child Care Licensing System, Environment Rating Scales, CLASS and Foundations
- Computer experience with database, publishing, spreadsheets and work-processing programs.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Three years of management experience working with early care and education programs, their families or the programs that serve them.
- At least three years paid experience in early childhood education classroom.
- Must be a strong team player
- Successful experience and knowledge of the coaching model and continuous quality improvement process
- Cultivate partnerships with other behavioral health specialist, educators and mental health professionals to develop resources to assist child care providers/families in promoting positive behaviors in young children.
- Promote awareness of the availability and resources of Behavior Specialists to child care providers and intermediary agencies.
- Update the regional resource list of social emotional practitioners, educators, and mental health professionals.
- Deliver at least 24 contact hours of training regionally focused on social-emotional development and challenging behavior using the HSB standardized trainings.
- Provide 15 technical assistance on-site visits in local child care settings per month to mentor and assist teachers in promoting healthy social-emotional development.
- Participate in project meetings and professional development opportunities and special projects as directed by the project manager.
- Participate in the project evaluation plan, including data collection and timely, accurate submission of data each quarter.
- Work collaboratively with the state team of HSB Specialist and the Project Manager, as well as other consultants, TA personnel and local agencies and groups within assigned region, to achieve goals of project and ensure successful evaluation.
- Treat all information on clients, employees and Board Members in a confidential manner.
- Attend all CCR&R staff meetings, DEPC staff meetings and retreats which may include an out of town retreat.
- Provides support to the Lending Library, as assigned
- Represents the Down East Partnership for Children and CCR&R accurately and professionally in the community
- Travels as needed to attend and to assist in providing training, presentations, etc.
- Identifies organizations with which to coordinate and share resources, and develops working relationships with them
- Advocates for quality child care and other support services for families and children
- Assists with all child care provider recruitment activities
- Involved with Community Outreach/Business Outreach
- Involved in national, local agencies, organizations or civic groups promoting DEPC and a Member of the NAEYC
- Trained in Playground Safety Practices
- Receives the Early Educator’s Certification with PD and TA Endorsement
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CCR&R Provider Services Program Manager, DEPC Executive Director and/ or Program Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a closely related field and at least 3 years experience working with early childhood programs in the capacity of teacher or director.
- While performing this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear
- Periodically required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and the ability to adjust focus to operate the computer
- The position also requires the ability to periodically work under time pressure
Submit resume with cover letter to: CCR&R Provider Services Program Manager/ DEPC, Attn: Wendy Price, PO Box 1245, Rocky Mount, NC 27802 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Down East Partnership for Children is an equal opportunity employer.