DEPC Job Openings:
Looking for important and exciting accounting work? Join the diverse and dynamic team at Down East Partnership for Children! The DEPC Controller is a leadership role providing you the opportunity to help launch every child in Nash and Edgecombe counties as a healthy lifelong learner by the end of the 3rd grade.
DEPC seeks a Controller to perform the accounting and reporting function for the Partnership, including performing technical accounting tasks, performing general ledger analysis and reconciliation, and preparing financial reports. The Controller ensures the accuracy of inputting and processing accounting data and reporting. In addition, this role measures and reports the cost of operation to the Operations Director and Executive Director and provides other financial and compliance services as directed.
To learn more and to apply, see the full position profile.
Quality Improvement Specialist NCPK
To provide professional development, technical assistance, coaching and mentoring to early care and education programs associated with DEPC Subsidy and CCR&R Programs.
– Process management, problem solving and strategic planning skills
– Presentation and group facilitation skills
– Ability to work independently and organize multiple tasks
– Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing
– Initiative to plan and execute tasks and programs with minimal direct supervision
– Strong understanding of adult learning styles and appropriate educational practices
– Strong understanding of child development and the early childhood educational system
– Strong understanding of developmentally appropriate practices
– Ability to present a professional positive attitude and composure in day to day work in high pressure situations
– Ability to establish rapport and effectively communicate with individuals of varying ages, educational levels, ethnic backgrounds and socio economic backgrounds
– Knowledge of local, state and federal early childhood issues, resources and legislative processes
– Knowledge of the NC Child care Licensing System, Environment Rating Scales, and Foundations
-Strong understanding of the NC Pre-K program Requirements and Guidelines, developmental screenings, early childhood curricula, formative assessments, and early childcare monitoring tools for the purpose of compliance
-Computer experience with database, word-processing and reporting programs
Click this link to download the full job description: Quality Improvement Specialist NCPK
Send resumes to Kimberly Hickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Resource Center After Hours Specialist
Maintains a safe and secure environment for staff, program participants and/or visitors of the Down East Partnership For Children. The Family Resource Center After Hours Specialist is responsible for assisting program staff with meeting room preparation and cleanup, as needed.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Strong people and communication skills
- To work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of three (3) years security guard experience
- CPR Certified
- Opening and closing the building for week night and weekend events, which may include meeting room preparation and cleanup.
- Responsible for monitoring the front entrance of the Partnership.
- Greeting visitors, finding out the nature of the visit and directing them to the appropriate destination.
- Patrol the grounds of Down East Partnership For Children, as needed.
- Respond to emergency situations and other routine security tasks.
- Maintain calm demeanor and juggle multiple requests and tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned, as deemed appropriated.
- High School graduate/equivalent required
- Law enforcement or security guard training
- While performing this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel
- Periodically required to lift up to 50 pounds
- The position also requires the ability to periodically work under time pressure
Click this link to download job description: Family Resource Center After Hours Specialist
Send resumes to Michelle Battle at email@example.com.
Partner Courtesy Posts
Good Shepherd Day School of Rocky Mount, NC is seeking to hire a full-time PreK Lead Teacher. The position is Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm. The pay between $12 – $13 an hour. Must have 2+ years of experience. An Associate Degree in Early Child Development and Education is required or equivalent. Must have current CBC Qualification Letter and Education Status Letter from DCDEE, Workforce Education Unit. Position will be opened until filled. Interested candidates please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Braswell Memorial Library
POSITION TITLE: Part-time Youth Services Associate: Raising-a-Reader
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Youth Services
Hours: Part-time: 8:00 am – 12:00 noon Monday –Friday during the regular school year
Occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
Rate of Pay: $17.25/hour
If you have a passion for children and literacy, consider joining the Raising-a-Reader team at Braswell Library. Raising-a-Reader story presenters plan and deliver story time programming at child care centers and NC PreK classrooms in Nash and Edgecombe counties. They conduct pre and post program survey assessments with parents to gauge the success of the program. Working together, the team plans and conducts literacy based workshops for parents and teachers to emphasis successful story sharing techniques. Candidates invited to interview will create a story time presentation in response to a prompt.
Please see the website for the complete job description.
Education and experience
Associate degree required. Preferred qualifications include: a degree in early childhood education, experience working with young children, experience preparing and presenting story time programming. Ability to speak Spanish is desirable, but not required.
Work is typically performed while sitting, standing, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects, occasionally lifts heavy objects.
Must have, or have the ability to obtain, a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Review of Applications will begin on August 8, 2022. Please apply early for first consideration.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com
Peacemakers of Rocky Mount is hiring 3 tutors for their After School Program for next semester. Interested candidates should send their resume and the attached application to firstname.lastname@example.org Hours are Monday – Thursday from 3 – 6 PM, starting on Monday, January 3 at $12/hour. Hiring will take place from now until next Thursday, December 16. For more information see the flyer link below.
Joyland Preschool is seeking someone who can serve as a Floater! Must be flexible to work where needed. The job includes cooking, working in the Preschool Classroom as a Preschool Teacher, and assisting the Director as needed. To qualify for the position. The teacher must have an Associate Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education. Must be loving and nurturing to children! Create weekly lesson plans using Creative Curriculum and Foundation, General upkeep of classroom and kitchen. A current letter from the Division of Child Development and Early Education is required to serve in the classroom. Submit your resume and a copy of your degree to our Facebook page. The documents can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to 3951 Red Road Nashville NC 27856, or feel free to drop it off at the preschool. No phone calls, please!