Quality Improvement Initiatives is a component of the Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) of the Down East Partnership for Children (DEPC). This project provides hands-on, comprehensive technical assistance to child care programs in Edgecombe and Nash counties to help them develop and implement individualized quality improvement plans. The quality improvement project is available to legally operating child care programs that serve children 0-5 years old.
The Child Care Resource & Referral Staff is available to provide technical assistance to child care providers in the following areas:
- Room Arrangement
- Lesson Planning
- Licensing Issues: General and NC Star related license
- NAEYC Accreditation (Centers)
- NAFCC Accreditation (Family Child Care Homes)
- Parent Involvement
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Developmentally Appropriate Environments
- Budgeting and Financing Early Childhood Education-Resources
For information contact, Shewanna Manning, Quality Improvement Specialist, at (252) 985-4300 ext. 204.