Child Care Resource & Referral Provider Services Program Manager
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Wendy Price, PO Box 1245, Rocky Mount, NC 27802 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Down East Partnership for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
CLASSIFICATION: Non Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 Hours
Serves as the primary coordinator of the DEPC Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) –Provider Services Program, which includes implementing and overseeing technical assistance and professional development to child care providers, and supervising all Technical Assistance Staff. Coordinates the Regional CCR&R Service Delivery System for professional development and technical assistance. Participates in DEPC’s program management team.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in child development, early childhood education, human services, or other directly related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Two (2) years paid experience as a child care teacher or administrator, or an equivalent of education and experience.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in staff management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Strong process management, problem solving and strategic planning skills
- Presentation and group facilitation skills
- Strong ability to work independently and organize multiple tasks.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Initiative to plan and execute tasks and programs with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong understanding of adult learning styles and appropriate educational practices.
- Strong understanding of child development and the early childhood educational system.
- Strong understanding of developmentally appropriate practices
- Strong ability to manage individual and team projects
- Strong leadership and supervision skills
- Ability to present a professional positive attitude and composure in day to day in stressful and high-pressure situations
- Ability to establish rapport and effectively communicate with individuals of varying ages, educational levels, ethnic backgrounds and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal early childhood issues, resources and legislative processes.
- Knowledge of NC Child Care Licensing System, Environment Rating Scales and CLASS
- Computer experience with databases, publishing, spreadsheets and word-processing programs.
- Proficiency in budgeting, public relations, grant writing, utilization of community resources, and child care program development and implementation
- Trains new CCR&R-Provider Services staff members
- Daily supervises all Provider Services staff
- Works with Provider Services staff to complete individual annual self-reviews
- Project Management
- Works to establish and implement official Provider Services’ policies and procedures
- Oversees and reviews child care provider data when necessary
- Ensures that all Provider Service grant contract obligations are met
- Seeks and supervises any sub-contractors that provide services for the Provider Services program
- Staffs the CCR&R Advisory Board and reports activities to the DEPC Board of Directors
- Collaborates with the Program Director and Budget Director to manage all Provider Services budgets and ensure future sources of funding
- Collaborates with the DEPC Program Director to ensure Quality Assurance for the CCR&R program
- Supervises the on-going evaluation of Provider Services
- Supervises child care related services subcontracted by DEPC to other agencies
· Project Management
- Coordinates the development and implementation for all grant projects under the Provider Services Program
- Coordinates the development of new child care related activities
- Regional CCR&R Coordination
- Collaborates with the Family Services Program to coordinate the Region 14 CCR&R Service Delivery System
- Collaborates and convenes meetings between regional partners
- Attends Lead Agency meetings conducted by DCDEE or CCSA.
- Oversees the completion of local and regional data reports; for Technical Assistance and Professional, including collection of data from regional partners.
- Provides Technical Assistance and Professional Development to child care facilities in Nash and Edgecombe Counties
· Provides Services to the Community
- Represents the DEPC and CCR&R accurately and professionally in the community
- Travels as needed to attend and to provide training, presentations, etc.
- Identifies organizations with which to coordinate and share resources, and develops working relationships with them
- Creates Provider Services community outreach materials (brochures, child care map, etc.) in collaboration with communications team
- Collaborates the work of the CCR&R with that of other DEPC projects and partners including Coordinated Subsidy and Family Resource
- Advocates for quality child care and other support services for families and children
- While performing this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear
- Periodically required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and the ability to adjust focus to operate the computer
- The position also requires the ability to periodically work under time pressure