Ready Schools of DEPC supports elementary schools in Edgecombe and Nash Counties that are ready to serve as ready school leaders in the community and state. DEPC supports schools and community to build their capacity to model Ready Schools best practices including:
- meeting the unique needs of all children and families they serve
- providing an inviting atmosphere
- connecting community and family involvement within the school
- valuing and respecting all children and their families
- supporting all children in being successful learners
- supporting effective transitions
- aligning the work of Pre-K through Grade 3
- implementing other research based strategies
To accomplish this:
- Ready Schools Staff coach and offer technical assistance through the Ready Schools process. Ready Schools Ready Communities Process Map
- Elementary Schools form a school community team consisting of school administration and staff, families, early care providers, and community members (business, civic, faith based, and higher education).
- School Community Team collects and analyzes data to identify strengths and areas of needed improvement to develop and implement a written work plan addressing the Ready Schools Pathways.
Recent work includes:
- Collaboration with Healthy Kids Collaborative, Ready Communities, and funding from Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, to design, build, and plan usage of Outdoor Learning Environments at 5 elementary schools – Coker-Wimberly, G.W. Bulluck, G.W. Carver, Baskerville and Williford Elementary SchoolsTo view the plan for each, please click on the school:
- Supporting families and schools in successful transitions of Pre-K children to Kindergarten in both Edgecombe and Nash Counties
- Offering technical assistance to elementary schools to increase and strengthen family engagement
Check out our Ready Schools toolkit!
For more information contact:
Pattie Allen, Ready Schools Coordinator email@example.com (252) 985-4300 ext. 262